Sunday, March 13, 2011

Skateboard Shadow

I had the idea of taking photos of shadows. I took some, but then other things got in between. But here is one of them – a skateboarder nice enough to jump for me. He had to do it over and over, before I got it right.

Sometimes I pull out my camera and stroll around town with a certain theme in mind. One was closeups, one was autumn leaves, a recurring theme has been water, and so on.

Shadows can be intriguing, so I decided to make a theme of it, a couple of years ago. I took a few photos, but then life got in the way. I have taken an occasional shot or two on that theme since, but I still don't have enough of them to make a gallery on my website.

So, here's a peak preview of what might become a gallery of shadow photos. On a local skateboard park, one of the young skaters was gracious enough to do his jumps until I got a photo I was pleased with. We had to do it twenty times or so. He had patience.

Here's the photo I like the most in that series. Click on it to see an enlarged version.

2 comments:

  1. Great Shot. Perfect angle against the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks. It was trickier than I thought it would be, when I came up with the idea. I had the most trouble getting the timing right.

    ReplyDelete